"Namaste" is a beautiful word loaded with meaning. Translated to English it means:
The Divine in me recognizes and honors the Divine in you.
Yoga etiquette is guidance in extending Namaste to yourself and others.
Preparing for practice:
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early to settle down and prepare yourself for your practice
- Allow at least one hour between your last light meal and practice. For heavier or larger meals allow at least two hours.
- Empty your bladder and colon before practice
- Wear comfortable clothing that will breath and not inhibit movement
Requirements of Longview Yoga
- Turn off or silence all mobile devices and LEAVE them in the lobby area.
- Take off shoes before entering the studio practice space. Shoes should not be worn past the lobby.
- When waiting in the lobby, please be quiet. They CAN hear you.
- Refrain from perfumes and strong scents. Some people are sensitive/allergic to these.
- If you are late, wait until after centering is completed before entering the class.
- Inform ALL of your yoga teachers about injuries or conditions that need to be considered when practicing.
- Plan to remain until the end of savasana. If you must leave early, stop your practice and spend a few minutes in savasana before leaving quietly.